I was once on your staff.
Or, well, a staff very similar to yours.
Like many of your colleagues, I had a stimulating, if traditional, environmental education. I spent a lot of time learning the life cycle of the snowshoe hare, identifying trees, and taking water quality samples.
I loved it.
If your staff had an education like mine, it was laser focused on learning the inner workings of how the environment ticks, and little to nothing on learning how to communicate with the public.
I can work for you, without actually being on your staff.
Now, as an environmental copywriter, my primary goal is to communicate your company’s important message to the public.
Need a fundraising letter than will inspire positive action? Looking to boost readership of your newsletter? Click-throughs are strong, but not enough prospects are taking the next step?
This is where I can help. As an environmental copywriter, with strong roots in the environmental field, I can speak the language that will propel your prospects to take action.
Something like a resume
If you’re interested in my complete life story, I’m more than happy to give you my specific credentials.
But, in a nutshell, here’s what I bring to the table:
- I have a working knowledge of the technical side of environmental work. I can interview your top scientist and read scientific journals with conceptual understanding. Then, I can communicate those ideas to the public and relate them to the personal lives of your supporters.
- I’m trained to persuade your supporters to get excited about the work you so passionately do, and more importantly, get them to take action.
- I’m professional, thorough, easy to work with, and place an excessive importance on my own punctuality.
- I can write grants that encompass the full aspect of your project in terms the granting institution will most resonate with.
- I will do everything in my power to submit the best first draft possible, and will be flexible and cooperative in refining it until you’re 100% happy with my services.
- I’ll go after the research I do for our projects together with the same rigor and thoroughness I used as a scientist.
Our connection is only the beginning
In my previous work as a water conservation specialist, my goal every day was to move people to take action, make a positive change in their behavior. And while it was enjoyable to work face to face with the community, I now find more joy in crafting just the right set of words to inspire others to make a difference.
If you are a nonprofit, environmental organization or green business looking to connect with potential donors, impart technical information to the average prospect, or apply for a grant to help your business continue its valuable work, we are well suited for each other.
Contact me today. I’ll be happy to send you samples of some of my work and hear more about your business and your project.
Real change doesn’t have to wait for the right moment. The right moment begins with the first step.
Your step for today?
Send me a message and let’s get started.